Highlights of HOPE 2013
The 25th Annual HOPE Volleyball Tournament has come to close.
WOW! what a great event and an awesome crowd! We had high expectations and our volunteers worked extra hard to deliver something special for our 25th anniversary. Feedback from participants, sponsors, and volunteers have been overwhelmingly positive, inspiring, and refreshing. More importantly, HOPE raised $27,000 for our two community charities – MLSE Foundation and Fort York Food Bank. A sincere THANK YOU for all the support. You have reminded us why we volunteer year after year to serve our communities. We’ll be sure to harness this momentum and continue building to next year’s event.
In case you missed it, here are some highlights of the 2013 event:
- Beach volleyball Olympian Josh Binstock (@joshbinner) came out to play and teach a few skills to some of our participants. Josh even helped us out as an auctioneer in our live auction! Coaches from the Canadian School of Volleyball were also on hand to mentor participants.
- World Jr. Beach Volleyball Champion Sam Schachter (@sam_schachter) was also on the Island to play and sign some autographs.
- The Toronto Sun team beat Global Toronto to win the coveted Media Challenge in a closely contested match.
- Team Monster Smash won the team registration entry draw and were presented with personalized Leafs jerseys for their entire team. Thank you MLSE Foundation.
- Our popular live auction did not disappoint with incredible items up for bids including an Ultimate Sports Package (Leafs + Canadiens + Raptors + Jays tickets), Courtside Raptors Game Tickets and Bruno Mars Concert Tickets.
- Impressive Top Fundraisers, Liz and Sheri, were awarded Samsung Galaxy Tablets and game tickets. Amazing effort!
- Divisional winners were as follows:
Beginners – FREEDOM 55
Recreational – THE HITZZ CARLTON
Intermediate – FIRST ROUND EXIT
Competitive – MARY J.
- Divisional champions received volleyballs, now priceless with autographs by Josh and Sam!
Thank You and See You ALL Again Next Year!